Tuesday, June 29, 2010

A Very Merry UN-Birthday Party


For Cadee's 2nd UN-birthday party
{we had it a week early}
we decided on a Wonderland "Tea Party" theme!

I was planning on making my daughter her "Alice" dress,
but when I found it for a great price
I was relieved to have one less thing to do!

Like I said in my previous post I am in love with the dollar store
so most of my party prep and decorations are from there :}

I found some great plastic vases with decorative etching
and thought they would be perfect with a little black spray paint
{that way I didn't have to fill them to cover the fake stems of the roses}
And of course I filled them with RED and WHITE roses

BEFORE & AFTER


I also came across this "Fabulous Find" while browsing the Goodwill


It needed a little TLC that for sure
and suprisingly I came across this blog 
with a home recipe for silver polish!
{See great minds think alike}

For the rest of the decorations,
we just made a few signs saying
"This Way", "That Way", "Over Yonder"...
Found some doiles and playing cards for the table.
{I realized later when looking at my pictures, I fogot to put the clocks on the table, oops!}

And of course, we had croquet,
one set for the kiddos and one for the adults
{unfortunately, i forgot to get a picture of the cute kids set}
My mother-in-law had printed out cute pictures
of the playing card characters from the cartoon movie
and taped them around the goals!

It must have been my lucky week
because I ended up finding Alice in Wonderland story books
to give to the kids in their goody bags!

It was a great party and I had so much fun planning it,
already thinking of ideas for the next one!

<3
BigSis LilSis

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like your unparty turned out really cute. Another here that lovvvvves the dollar store.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome idea! Everything turned out so cute! I am a new follower from New Friend Friday at the Trendy Treehouse! I would love for you to visit back and follow! ^_^
    http://photognazi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea! So fun! Everything looks cute too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for linking up. How did your polished silver go? Was the tea set for your daughter as well?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails