Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Dollar Days: "I Like It"



So my new favorite store is Dollar Tree!

They have so many things there
to make fun crafts out of and if you mess up,
who cares, it was only a $1!!

So as I was browsing the other day,
I came across these simple plain swimsuits for toddlers.
Again, thinking this is only $1?!

Since miss Cadee is SOOO into Ice Cream right now
("i like it" is what she calls it)
I thought adding an ice cream applique
would be cute and fun!


All I did was take some scrap fabric I had
and used an ice cream stencil to cut out the shapes.
Sewed it to the swimsuit!

I also added a few ruffles!


TA-DA!


Dollar Days,
BigSis LilSis


4 comments:

  1. Oh man I love the little ruffles on the straps and legs! So adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SOOOOOO cute! And just a dollar? I was thinking about buying swimsuit fabric and making my girls their own, but buying a cheap plain one and embellishing it? WAY cheaper and tons of fun! I just started a link party and I would LOVE it if you'd consider adding your crafts to it! I'm having flower headband giveaway as part of our first party too! http://imtopsyturvy.com/index.php/2010/07/topsy-turvy-tuesdays-1/

    ReplyDelete
  3. GREAT IDEA! Love it! Visiting over from Shabby Chic Cottage!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails