Monday, August 16, 2010

Cooking: Strawberry and Banana Crepes

This is one of our weekend breakfast favorites!

I just use the Bisquick recipe for pancakes
and then add about a half a cup of water to thin it out,
{you want it to be very runny so it will easily spread around the pan}
After you have preheated the pan on medium heat,
hold the pan in one hand and pour the batter around the pan
{use you pan holding hand and rotate the pan so the batter coats the pan evenly}
Sorry I didn't get a picture since I was using both hands ;}

This is what it should look like!

Get your strawberries and bananas sliced up
{or whatever you prefer, savory crepes are delicious too!}
My secret ingredient: NUTELLA!!!
this just makes the whole thing taste SOOO GOOD!!

Spread the Nutella and fruit slices in the center of the crepe and fold all side in

Carefully turn it over


Add your whipped topping and enjoy!!


Bon Appetite,
BigSis LilSis

10 comments:

  1. wow, looks amazing! I've never made crepes before. I guess I'm afraid of how horrible they would come out, but you make it look so easy! I'll have to try one day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks absolutely heavenly! Very tempting indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. these look amazing...and i never thought to use pancake mix for the crepes..how smart! thanks for linking up to TNSC!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YUM!!! I'm having company this weekend and think I might just try this!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. No way! I never knew you could do that with Bisquick! Makes me wonder, what CAN'T one do with Bisquick? I love this idea! Love Nutella! Thank you for sharing such a wonderful recipe. I hopped on by from Fudge Ripple's Tuesday Night Supper Club and am so glad to meet another Central California blogger! Are you going to Bloggy Boot Camp in SF this weekend? Consider me your newest follower! Best, Jenn/Rook No. 17

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmmm...I'm going to have to try these. Thanks for linking up to Mad Skills Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love crepes and make them often. Nutella and strawberries are also one of my favorite ways to eat them! I think I need to go make some now. Thanks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow that Bisquick mix is more versatile than I thought. Thanks for sharing this

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow....who doesn't love a tasty crepe!! I'm going to have to make these up soon! I'm happy to be your newest follower of your delightful blog and would love to have you as a friend at Frou Frou Decor! I'd also like to invite you to my link at my weekly party, every Friday..hope to see you there!
    Hugs,
    ~Terrell @ Frou Frou Decor~

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mmmmm! My kids would LOVE this! Thanks for linking up to another Topsy Turvy Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails