Monday, October 25, 2010

Hooter Hider

Isn't that a funny name?! 
But these things sell like crazy and for $30!!
{I bought one before I knew how to sew! ;}
I have been procrastinating wanting to make a 
nursing cover since I was pregnant with my second 
and talked about it on my very first post of this blog!
{well my baby is now 6 months old and other projects have had priority :}
BUT...
A friend asked me if I could make her one,
so now the pressure was on ;}
{just kidding, I was happy you finally got me to do it!}

I believe breast is best for baby and when my baby is hungry 
she doesn't care if we are in the middle of Time Square! 
So since not everyone is comfortable with 
Moms breastfeeding in public, these covers offer a 
"I have to feed my baby, 
but I am trying to be considerate of how others feel" option!

I found a great tutorial {there a ton out there} that I liked best 
and it helped me step-by-step.
This way I could go back and forth between my computer 
and sewing machine to make sure I had it just right!!
{that's the perfectionist in me ;}

I am actually very happy with the final product 
and excited to make more in different prints :}
It was easier and quicker than I thought it would be 
and I can't believe I waited so long to make one! 



I am planning on adding these to my Etsy shop
{as long as I get a good review from my guinea pig piece ;}


Leave a comment letting me know what your favorite print/color would be?
Thanks :}


Happy Nursing,
Erica

Linking to these parties!

2 comments:

  1. Very cool! I couldn't breast feed with my first child and breast fed my second for 8 weeks until he decided a bottle was easier! So I am pro-boob! Thanks for linking up to Mad Skills Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. very nice. My sisters love her hooter hider! Personally I just wore large shirts! Of course when I started having kids they didn't have these around, maybe if they had I would be in love with them too! You did a GREAT job! Thanks for linking up to Topsy Turvy Tuesday's!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails