Friday, February 12, 2010

Crafty: Mod Podge Hangers

Since I have been in craft mode
{some might call it nesting?}
I have found some great little projects
that don't cost too much $$!
{with the bad economy and all, we must pinch our pennies}

This particular project came from a fellow blogger
{so, I can't take the credit for the idea}
check out her blog here

MOD PODGE HANGERS:

I was able to find these great hangers at Joann's Fabric
in the discount bins

Then I found some extra fabric I loved
and was hoping to find the perfect use for it!
Voila!


I just followed these simple steps:
*Using a small sponge paint brush,
apply a layer of MOD PODGE
to one side of the hanger
{do this quickly because it will dry quickly}
* Lay you fabric on top
and smooth over the hanger
*Trim the fabric around the edges
*Apply another coat of MOD PODGE
over the fabric to seal
*Let dry and then repeat on the other side
*I added a ribbon to the top
and secured it with hot glue
{get creative and add your own touch!}
*Let them hang to dry
and you have a cute hanger to add to your closet
or give as a gift!


This project probably took me a total of 1 hour
and it was a lot of fun!
I ended up giving them to my Mother-in-law
as a birthday gift and she loved them!

Let me know if you give it a try :}
and send me a pic,
I would love to see the finished product!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails